BlackBerry released a private beta of BBM for Windows Phone earlier this month, giving potential testers an early opportunity to try out their messaging app on Windows Phones. Now the company has opened up the beta to the public, allowing any interested user to download and try out BBM for Windows Phone.
You can download the app directly on your device through the Windows Phone Store or by using the following link
|Requirements||Windows Phone 8.0; Windows Phone 8.1|
Press the Search button on your Windows Phone, tap Vision and then scan the following barcode by pointing your device camera toward it
BBM for Windows Phone is a cross platform messaging application, which will allow you to stay connected to your friends and family through instant chats, picture sharing, voice notes and more. BBM is available across iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone.
BBM for Windows Phone version 18.104.22.168 has the following features:
Chat with friends on Windows Phone, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry:
- Know when messages have been delivered (D's) and read (R's)
- Quickly share photos, voice notes, BBM contacts and your location
- See when contacts are responding to your message
- Emoticons for every mood and emotion let you express yourself
BBM, now specially designed for Windows Phone
- BBM picks up the modern look & feel of Windows Phone
- Pin BBM Groups and 1:1 chats to the Start screen for easy access to your most important chats
Chat and Share with many at once:
- Groups – BBM groups help you share pictures, lists and appointments with group members. You can even be in a group with people who aren't part of your own BBM contact list.
- Multi-person chats – Invite multiple contacts to have a chat together.
- Broadcast messages – Send a message to multiple BBM contacts at one time.
BBM lets you protect your privacy. You control it:
- You chose how to share your information – BBM uses PINs instead of phone numbers or email addresses so that it's more private and you always control who can contact you
- You chose your contacts – 2-way opt-in means you have control over who is able to message you
Create your own BBM profile:
- Post a profile picture using images or pictures
- Update your status to let people know what you're up to or how you feel