You can now download the Shortcuts app for Siri from the Apple App Store. The new app complements iOS 12.0 which was also released today, allowing users to interact with their virtual assistant in a whole new way.
Shortcuts is a way for users to create streamlined actions and workflows that involve Apple's and other third-party apps. You can invoke these apps using a single tap or a voice command after using the phrase "Hey, Siri".
Users downloading the app will be taken able to take advantage of a number of predefined Shortcuts which have been set up to make use of Apple’s apps on the device. You can use Shortcuts for iOS to:
Use the Shortcuts app to:
- Get directions home, send your ETA and start listening to the news, just by asking Siri
- Add a home screen icon that calls a loved one
- Make animated GIFs
- Make PDFs from Safari or any app with a share sheet
- Get directions to the nearest coffee shop in one tap
- Tweet the song you're listening to
- Get all of the images on a web page
- Send a message including the last screenshot you took
- And much more...
You can download Shortcuts for iOS directly on your iOS device through the Apple App Store or by using the following link.