The most highly anticipated feature in this update is the Game DVR for PC games. This feature lets you record clips from your games and share them with your friends. In order to use this feature, you will require at Windows 10 Technical Preview build 10061 or higher, which is still to be released. Microsoft has also shared a video showing off the new features coming to the Xbox app on Windows 10 Technical Preview:
Xbox for Windows 10 Technical Preview version 4.4.9014.0 has the following new features and improvements:
- Game DVR for PC games – The Game bar lets you record game clips of your favorite Windows games.
- Screenshots – Take screenshots of Windows PC games by pressing Windows + Alt + PrtScr. Just as with Game DVR, you can also do this by clicking the “Screenshot” button on the Game bar.
- Live Tiles – The Xbox tile on your Windows 10 start menu now welcomes you back, showing off your gamerpic and letting you know when you have new messages and activity alerts.
- Avatar app – A new app is available in the Windows Store to customize your Xbox avatar’s appearance and outfit your avatar with a vast collection of items.
- User profile – You can see another gamer’s bio, location, reputation, tenure, and other information in the more info page, including their animated avatar.
- Real name sharing – Similar to the features we brought you in the March update on Xbox One, you can now choose to share your real name on the Xbox app with all of your friends or with everybody.
- Xbox One Now Playing and media controls – The games and apps you’ve used most recently on your Xbox One are now displayed when you connect the Xbox app to your console. You can also use the Xbox app to pause, fast forward and rewind.
- Live TV streaming and PIP (picture in picture) support – For preview members with an Xbox One Digital TV Tuner (in 16 European countries and Australia) or a Hauppauge 955Q TV Tuner (available in the U.S. or Canada) attached to their Xbox One, you can now stream live TV within your home from your Xbox One to Windows 10 PC running the Xbox app.
- Xbox controller drivers – The drivers for Xbox controllers are now included with Windows 10, so you no longer have to download and install controller drivers on Windows 10.
You can download the latest version of Xbox for Windows 10 Technical Preview through the Windows Store (grey) or by using the following link: