Microsoft has released Windows 10 for phones Technical Preview build 10052 to Insiders on the Fast Ring. This is the third release of Windows 10 for phones, and follows build 10051 which was released over a week ago.
The new Windows 10 build 10052 for phone doesn't bring any new features. Instead it focuses on fixing bugs found on the previous release. It also fixes the bug that prevented Lumia 52x users from rolling back to Windows Phone 8.1 after installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview.
What's new in Windows 10 Technical Preview (build 10052) for phones
- Flight mode can now be enabled.
- You can now disable data connections.
- We fixed the bug in which your phone’s MMS settings were lost after upgrading from Build 9941.
- We fixed the issue in which you couldn't download keyboards for additional languages.
- We fixed the issue where the viewfinder in the Camera app gets composed incorrectly on some devices like the Lumia 1020.
How to install the Windows 10 Technical Preview (build 10052) for phones
Those who have the first technical preview installed will find the update available for them under Settings > Update & Recovery > Phone update. New users can follow these steps:
- Join the Windows Insider Program
- Download the Windows Insider app from the Windows Phone Store
- Open the app and select 'Check for update'
- Select the 'Fast Ring' when prompted and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once completed, head over to Settings > Update & Recovery > Phone update and wait for the update to be downloaded.