Sony has confirmed that they have started rolling out the Android 5.0 Lollipop software update for the Sony Xperia Z3 (D6603) and the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. The update will first rollout to users in the Nothern Europe (Nordics and Baltics), and will continue rolling out to other markets around the world.
The Lollipop update for the Xperia Z3 brings the 23.1.A.0.690 software version, and the 3.4.0 kernel version, along with Android 5.0.2. You can also expect the following new features and improvements:
- Fresh, streamlined looks - based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design
- New look notifications and lock screen - with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need
- Multi user profiles and guest mode - making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play…
- Android for Work - not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work - with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features - they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem
- Better storage control and customisation - with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card - giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space
Check out the following screenshots comparing Sony's KitKat UI with the new material design inspired Lollipop UI that comes with the update.
source - Sony | Xperia Blog | PhoneArena