Alongside the release of iOS 8.1.3 for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, Apple has also released OS X 10.10.2 for their Mac desktops and laptops.
Despite the lack of any significant issues with OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Apple has chosen to address some of the bugs which the company's desktop platform has been holding onto.
For example, some some users have found their Wi-Fi to randomly disconnect without warning, while others have been forced to endure slow-loading Web pages. OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 should fix these bugs, as well as others pertaining to Spotlight, VoiceOver and Safari.
According to Apple, the OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 update improves the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. It also offers the following new features and improvements:
- Resolves an issue that may cause Wi-Fi to disconnect
- Resolves an issue that may cause web pages to load slowly
- Fixes an issue that caused Spotlight to load remote email content when the preference was disabled in Mail
- Improves audio and video sync when using Bluetooth headphones
- Adds the ability to browse iCloud Drive in Time Machine
- Improves VoiceOver speech performance
- Resolves an issue that causes VoiceOver to echo characters when entering text on a web page
- Addresses an issue that may cause the input method to switch languages unexpectedly
- Improves stability and security in Safari