Nokia has started rolling-out a major software update for new Asha touch range of devices, which include the Asha 500, Asha 501, Asha 502, Asha 503, and Asha 230. The key features that are being introduced with the update are - Enhanced camera features, Microsoft OneDrive, Improved Fastlane, Parental control functionalities and MixRadio.
By default your Asha phone is set to automatically check for updates every 8 days and you will be notified when an update is available for download. You can also manually check for check for updates by going to Settings > Phone update and tapping Check for updates.
The new software update for the Nokia Asha series brings the following features and improvements:
- Take even better pictures with the added voice guided self-portrait and panorama modes. You can upload photos to your personal online gallery on OneDrive, where you have up to 7GB of free storage space that you can access anytime.
- New version of the music app allows you to enjoy your favorite tracks wherever you are. In selected countries Nokia MixRadio service will also be available with free access to stream millions of tracks and mixes (Not for Asha 230/230 Dual SIM).
- Birthdays of the people in your social network now show up in Fastlane and you can also keep track of how many times your tweets get re-tweeted.
- Parental controls let you make sure your kids don’t end up on sites they shouldn’t be visiting. This feature can be enabled by setting a restrictions code for Browser and app installations.
- Power save mode will help your battery to last longer.
- Additional improvements for phone stability and performance, Smart Dual SIM functionality, contact groups, and more.
source - Nokia