T-Mobile USA, Inc. is a mobile network operator headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, United States that provides wireless voice, messaging and data services in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. T-Mobile USA is the fourth-largest wireless carrier in the U.S. market with 33.73 million customers and annual revenues of US$21.35 billion in 2010. As of 2011, J.D. Power has ranked T-Mobile USA highest among major wireless carriers for retail store satisfaction four years consecutively and highest for wireless customer care two years consecutively.
T-Mobile USA traces its roots to the 1994 establishment of VoiceStream Wireless PCS as a subsidiary of Western Wireless Corporation. Western Wireless spun off VoiceStream Wireless to shareholders on May 3, 1999, creating an independent company, VoiceStream Wireless Corporation, that traded on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol VSTR. VoiceStream Wireless acquired Omnipoint Communications in February, 2000 and Aerial Communications in May, 2000. On June 1, 2001, Deutsche Telekom AG completed the acquisition of both VoiceStream Wireless Corporation for US$35 billion and Powertel, Inc. for US$24 billion. Deutsche Telekom renamed VoiceStream Wireless Corporation in July, 2002, giving the company its current name, T-Mobile USA, Inc. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is the United States operating entity of T-Mobile International AG, the mobile communications holding company and subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom AG.
On March 20, 2011 Deutsche Telekom accepted a US$39 billion stock and cash purchase offer for T-Mobile USA from AT&T Inc. If completed, the acquisition will create the largest wireless carrier in the United States, with nearly 130 million customers. The acquisition is subject to regulatory and shareholder approval and is expected to close in March 2012.
- T-Mobile Prepaid. 100 mb tethering. No roaming.
- Brightspot Mobile. Calls and text between two people only. No data roaming available. When network congestion is high, T-Mobile customers get priority. With 6 months of active account and current address you are eligible for rewards program and rewards such as $25 Target gift card.
- Walmart Family Mobile. No tethering unless your plan specifically allows it.
- GoSmart Mobile. Facebook access is at LTE speeds. Unlimited talk and text between two individuals only. No domestic roaming. Some T-Mobile plans may be prioritized over GoSmart during periods of heavy network congestion. 3G may be considered HSPA+ in the case of GoSmart
- Straight Talk Wireless. No sms short codes. No unusually long and repeated phone calls. Data usage that is excessive and above average could result in termination
- Lyca Mobile. Unless plan specifies no tethering. Service can be suspended at any time for any reason. Using a high amount of bandwidth compared to others may result in throttling.
- Giv Mobile. Throttled speed is 128kbps. No roaming included. Service can be terminated on unlimited plans for excessive and continuous usage above the average user.
- Net10 Wireless. Limited sms short code. Data usage above the average customer can result in termination. Price is with auto pay enabled.
- Solavei. Receive $5 for anyone you refer and signup to Solavei.
- Ultra Mobile. After 1GB LTE throttled to 128kbps. Unlimited international talk and text to 40+ countries. Class action waiver, you cannot file class action lawsuit against them. Roaming is available but may cost extra. Service may be terminated if more than 50% of your voice and/or data usage is Off-Net for any three billing cycles within any 12 month period.
- Rok Mobile. No call forwarding, 3 way calling, conference calling etc. Dialogue between 2 individuals only or service may be terminated. Vague terminology used to describe data limitations. Using more data than the average customer could cause you to experience data throttling or termination. Referral credits offered
- MetroPCS. Waive the right to jury trial over disputes. No class action lawsuits. Roaming included. Primary use must be within network, not roaming or service may be terminated.
- Ptel. Data throttled to 128kbps. Roaming is not included. Unlimited use is meant for individual use between two persons, not business use. Tethering not permitted.
- Simple Mobile. Unreasonable and excessive use may result in termination of service. Intended for private personal use only. Roaming included, but majority of use must be within network. No premium short coded sms support.
- Ready Sim. Any disputes resolved by arbitration not in court. Class action suit waiver. No roaming available. Excessive use may result in termination. Tethering IS included.
- Red Pocket Mobile. Call waiting and 3 way calling will result in double charges, if you disconnect from a conference call and other parties remain connected you will still be charged for all calls. Call forwarding 3 way calling and roaming not available to monthly or unlimited plans. No streaming audio or video.
- IWireless. Supports roaming. If a majority of use is in roaming area service may be terminated. There is an unlimited plan available presumably offering 10 GB LTE, after that you may experience throttling. No tethering.
- BYO Wireless. Without auto pay, data is one half of what is listed.
- Univision Mobile. Plans are geared towards the USA Hispanic population and include voice minutes to the following countries Mexico, Domincan Republic, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Peru and Venezuela. Also included is unlimited music streaming of Uforia, which features a collection of 22 million songs from a variety of Latin American music radio stations. Tethering included.
- US Mobile. Each part of plan is offered a la carte. Choose your own data, voice and text allotments all independent of each other with a variety of options. If you run out of minutes, texts or data before month is up, you can top up any of them at any time as needed.