Microsoft today released first public preview of Office 2016 for desktop computers. Previously, the company released Office 2016 Technical Preview for IT pros and developers, along with an Office 2016 Preview for Mac. Today's public preview release, opens up the productivity suite to a broader audience, allowing all Windows users to download it.
Office 2016 is the upcoming release of Microsoft's renowned desktop productivity suite, designed for use with a keyboard and mouse. While Microsoft will also release a new selection of Office apps for touch, the classic suite will continue to be offered for those who need it. The new Office Suite comes with a number of new features, refreshed visuals and changes that builds upon Office 2013. Its tightly integrated with the cloud, so you can access your documents on OneDrive, OneDrive for Business and SharePoint at anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Microsoft Office 2016 has the following new features and improvements:
- All Office documents will be saved to company’s OneDrive cloud storage service by default.
- New modern attachments in Outlook make it easy to attach files from OneDrive and automatically configure permission for the recipients - without leaving Outlook.
- Real-time co-authoring is now available to the Windows Desktop applications, starting with Word.
- Smart Applications - Applications will learn as you work, taking advantage of subtle cues and clues to help you stay on task and get more out of Office.
- Tell Me - A new search tool available in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, serves up the commands you need by simply typing what you want to do
- Clutter - A new Exchange feature in Outlook which uses machine learning to analyze your email patterns and de-clutter your inbox by moving lower priority messages out of your way and into a new Clutter folder.
- Insights, powered by Bing: Will finds you contextual information from the web within the reading experience.
- One-click forecasting: Create forecasts on your data series with one click to future trends.
- Intuitive data connecting and shaping capabilities:New modern charts and graphs, including TreeMap, Sunburst, Waterfall, Box & Whisker and Histogram & Pareto in Excel help you to present your data in fresh ways.
With this release previewers will get an early look at the next release of Office on Windows desktop before general availability in Fall 2015.