Microsoft Outlook for Android has been updated to version 1.2.1 and moved out of preview to general availability in all markets supported by the Google Play Store. Besides a few new features, the update also offers performance and stability improvements. The preview was launched back in January, since then the app get updated 17 times to match the iOS version.
You can download the latest version directly on your Android device through the Google Play Store or by using the following link:
Microsoft Outlook for Android version 1.2.1 has the following new features and improvements:
- Improved look and feel: The app use common Android design principles and comes with icon sets and simplified fonts to provide a more consistent Outlook experience across operating systems and devices.
- IMAP Support: Added the ability to sync mail from email providers that support IMAP, like AOL.com and Comcast.net.
- Revised People Section: Comes with unified contacta view which provides quick-access to contact information, launch a new email, start a phone call or map your way to their location with a single click. Now you can also easily find all the emails, meetings and files shared with the contact.
- Directory Search: Outlook integrates your full organizational directory (also known as the Global Address List or GAL) in the People section and email experience. You can now find contact details for someone in your company or school who’s not saved as a contact.
- Three-day view in Calendar: This complements the Agenda and Day views to show more of your calendar at once. This is especially useful on larger devices like the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
- Customize Swipe Gestures: You can swipe right or left to take actions like archive, delete, move, flag, mark as read/unread or schedule. You can now personalize these swipe gestures to match your unique email habits.
- Change Folders for Swipe Gestures: Added the ability to choose and change your default folders for the Archive and Schedule swipe gestures at any time.
- Empty Trash/Deleted Items Folders: You can now permanently delete items from your deleted items folder.
The latest release of of Outlook for Android comes with an improved look and feel, IMAP support, revised People section, directory search, three-day view in Calendar, customized swipe gestures, the ability to choose and change your default folders for the Archive, permanently delete items from your deleted items folder, and much more.